Port of Sioux City River-Cade Association announces Royalty Scholarship Competition for 2022-2023 Royalty who will serve in the coming year and reign over the 60th River-Cade Celebration in 2023!
For nearly 60 years, the Port of Sioux City River-Cade Association has awarded more than $400,000 in scholarships to women in the Siouxland area. In addition to receiving scholarships for their college education, the River-Cade Queen and Princess will serve as ambassadors for 2022-2023 River-Cade activities and reign over the 60th Anniversary Festival!
Eligible candidates must meet these requirements
- 18 years old and a high school graduate
- must not exceed 23 years of age by October, 2023
- during their reign, Royalty must pursue higher education at college or have a home residence within a 125-mile radius of Sioux City.
Personality, Appearance, and Poise
- speak with confidence in front of a group and have good interpersonal communication skills
- speak with ease and put others at east
- adapt well to a variety of settings and audiences
- well-groomed and present appearance appropriate to each setting
Availability of Royalty
Royalty will be expected to attend various appearances representing River-Cade during the 2022-2023 year. All appearances will be chaperoned by River-Cade Board members.
Opportunities for 2022-2023 Royalty
- New acquaintances and friendships
- Professional interview and public speaking experience; each candidate will be individually interviewed by a panel of judges and will present prepared and impromptu speeches before the judges and fellow candidates
- the 2022-2023 River-Cade Queen will receive a $3,000 scholarship for her education
- two 2022-2023 Princesses will each receive a $2,000 educational scholarship
Applications are closed for 2022.